Royal Hats of the Week: February 16

    Honestly, it's a little sad how happy I am just to see a hat with a crown and a brim on display. Such a simple thing, yet so often refreshing in a world of fascinators and other such things. So my sincere thanks to the Belgian royal family for a better than average showing last week:
    Attending an annual mass in remembrance of deceased family members.
    I don't know if Queen Mathilde has been watching as much Downton Abbey or Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries as I have, but her cloche is right on point and extremely cute. We have a brimless nod to Princess Margaretha and her classic pillbox, just behind Mathilde above, and Princess Claire tossed in a navy number. I can't even be mad at Princess Astrid's pairing of her large black hat with a coat in...khaki mustard? I don't even know.
    Just a crown and a brim, and I'm good to go. (Until there's one of those that I don't care for, in which case never mind.) Anyway, back to the cloche: sooo much potential for an unflattering look with that style, but this gets a well played from me. For a gallery from this event, click here.

    Photos: Dirk Waem/AFP via Getty Images, @VTMRoyalty

Post Title

Royal Hats of the Week: February 16


Post URL

http://msallenfamily.blogspot.com/2015/02/royal-hats-of-week-february-16.html


Visit Wedding Fashion For Men allen family for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List